Monday, May 28, 2012

Chapter 103


Jon ran after her. “Melody wait, I didn’t mean it that way!”
She turned around to face him. “Then what did you mean?!”
“Come on Melody.” He didn’t know yet what to say.
“What?” She asked him again.
“You know what it’s like. I was with Dot my whole like and that piece of fuck Ian ruined it.” He explained.
“Real helpful Jon.” Melody turned around again.

If he wanted Dorothea so bad what was he even doing with her? She knew it, it was just too good to be true.

He gained on her again. “Melody, I hate him for doing that. He ruined my marriage.” He tried to take her hands but she pulled away, at least she wasn't walking away he thought. “But I wouldn’t change it, last year I probably would have wanted to but then I met you and I don’t want to change that. I love you Melody, you know that.” He explained and hoped she would understand what he meant but she didn’t move a muscle.

“Melody,” he started over, “I love you, I can’t imagine a day without you anymore.” He wondered if he should get the surprise out that he was keeping for next week to convince her. “I don’t even want to imagine a day without you.” He sighed. “I just hate Ian for what he did but I wouldn’t change it either. I really wouldn’t.”

He sighed when she still didn’t say anything.

“You have to believe me.” Jon tried to hold her hands, this time she didn’t pull away. “Please?”

Melody sighed. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea that they hadn’t talked about their divorces, if they had, maybe this could have been avoided.

“Then why did you say that?” She stood with her arms crossed, looking back at him.
“Because since he came into Dot’s life, he came in mine and took everything I cared about.” He paused for a minutes, just looking at her. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it that way, I just hate him.” He hoped she’d understand.
“It’s okay, I understand.” Melody sighed.

Only an hour ago she was thinking how she’d feel about the other person. Ian had disrupted his life and messed it all up, of course he hated him for that.

“I really do love you Melody, very much.” He said again.
Melody sighed. “I know, I love you too.”
“Good, I love it when you love me too.” His hands moved to her shoulders and he hugged her.

“Maybe we should talk more about our divorces.” Melody said when he let her go.
“Maybe that’s not a bad idea. Now?” He looked around, it didn’t seem like the party had started yet.
“Sure.” Melody said and followed him back to the bench they were sitting on earlier.

Jon told Melody how two years ago Dorothea told him she found someone else while he was on tour and that she was taking the kids and moving out. At that moment Jon couldn’t believe what was happening. One day he was perfectly happy, had a perfect family, a perfect life. The next he was in court arranging when he would get to see his children.

Unlike Melody’s divorce, she had seen it coming. They kept growing apart until they gave up. She didn’t hate Rob but understood why Jon hated Ian and forgave him for what he had said. He had meant it in another way than she understood.

“Dad!” Jon looked back over his shoulder to see Stephanie.
“Hey, you finally got here.” Jon said as he got up.
“Mum said you left.” Stephanie answered.
“Why would I leave your party? I’m so proud of you.” He added a hug to how proud he was.
“Are you going to keep saying that all day?”
He had only told her about ten times. “No.”
“Good.” Stephanie said relieved.
“The rest of your life.” Jon added.
“Ugh!” Stephanie sighed.



A while later they were in the backyard again where there were white party tents, long tables with friends and family. Melody enjoyed meeting Jon’s family it was a lot bigger than her own family.

Cousins everywhere, she was sure she couldn’t remember all of those names.

“Didn’t I say I hoped to see you more after the tour?”Carol joked.
“Yeah you did but Stephanie asked me and the kids to come.”
“Are your kids here too?” Carol asked surprised.
“No, they’re at their dad’s, it's just me.”
“Aw, I bet they’re as lovely as their mum. I hope I get to meet them too." Carol seemed honest about what she was saying.
“I’m sure you will.” Melody said with a smile. It was nice to know Carol wanted to meet her children too.



After dinner and dessert Jon’s prediction came true and Stephanie was the first to leave and go celebrate with her friends.

Melody sat with Jon, his brothers and parents while Dorothea sat with her family. Melody knew it always went like that with separated families; it was the same at her family parties. Probably only the children didn’t mind. Jesse was sitting at a table with his cousins playing cards while Jake and Romeo were running around with a bunch of other kids.

Around 11 the little ones all stopped running and one by one went back to their parents. Melody was surprised when Romeo came to sit on her lap.

Half an hour later Jake was sitting on Jon’s. “Do you want to go to bed?” Jon asked him.
“I’m not tired.” Jake said followed by a big yawn.

Romeo had already dozed off on Melody’s lap.
“We should go.” Matt said, his youngest daughter had been sleeping for an hour in his lap while the other two were dozing in a chair. His wife picked up the youngest one so Matt could stand and wake up the two older ones.

“See you next week.” He said to his brothers and said goodbye to the rest.

After Matt had left Jon got up too and Melody followed him. They walked into the kitchen, going up another staircase to go upstairs.

The upstairs hallway seemed long with many doors. Jon opened a door and pointed to the one opposite of it with his free hand. “That’s Romeo’s.”

Melody opened the door to the room. Romeo woke up when the door fell closed behind them. “Huh?” he looked around confused only to realize he was in his room.

Melody put him down on his bed. “Do you have any pj’s?” She asked him.
“Dad packed a bag.” He answered sleepily.

Melody got up and walked across the hall.”Do you have pj’s for Romeo?” She asked Jon.

Jake had already changed and Jon was just saying good night to him.

He picked up the bag and walked with Melody back to Romeo’s room.



Moments later they were in the hall way again. “I’m glad I got to show you off to my family today.” Jon smiled, his arms around her, his hands resting at the small of her back.
“When do I get to show you off?” She smiled up at him, her arms at his back too.
“Tomorrow?” He asked hopeful. He was in New Jersey anyway. “You should stay the night and we could drive to your house in the morning.”
“I guess that works. Where is your room anyway?” She asked.

Jon walked her back to the staircase and opened the first door and let Melody walk in.

“What a nice room.” She said, using something else than wow.

The room had a big bed, a fire place in the corner and a terrace to look over the back yard and the river. The room was painted a light shade of brown while one wall was painted bright red. The sheets on the bed matched the colour and feeling the walls gave.

When Melody walked out to the doors that would open to the terrace, she could see all the people sitting in the back yard.

When she turned around Jon was lying on the bed. “Wanna join?” He grinned, patting the bed next to him.
She would love to join him. “People will wonder where we are.” Melody answered, walking closer to the bed.
“Then hurry up, they won’t notice.”

He grabbed her hand and pulled her on the bed, his hands immediately went under her dress, pulling down her panties he found her warm, wet and ready. He knew he was too. He undid his pants and wanted to sink right into her when Melody stopped him.
“Oh right.” He remembered and reached over to the night stand. He moved things around but couldn’t find anything.

Reaching to the other side he paused to kiss Melody, kissing her, sucking her lips, while his hand slid over her thigh as Melody wrapped it around his waist. She softly moaned when he let go to reach the other night stand. He rummaged around and was just as unsuccessful. “Fuck.” He swore as he got up and pulled his pants up to go check in the bathroom.

He returned empty handed.

“I’m sorry honey.” Melody sat up on the bed. “But we can’t risk it. I’m really sorry.”
“We shouldn’t.” He agreed. “Let’s get back out there.” He gave her a hand to get up. He started wondering, how long ago did she forget her pills? She’d tell him if she was late.



Outside more people had left and when they got back Jon’s parents were just about to leave too. “Don’t forget to phone us angel.” Carol said to Jon as they hugged goodbye.



Finally everyone had left and it was only the four of them.

“What time are you going to be here tomorrow to clean up?” Jon asked Dorothea when they got to the kitchen.
“I was planning to spend the night here with Ian.” She said.
Jon looked surprised and confused. “You can’t spend that night here with him.” He didn’t want to see Ian in the morning too.
“Why not? Ian has stayed here before.”
“Exactly why he can’t.” Jon was getting angry again.
“Come on Jon, I don’t want to drive to the city to drive back in the morning.” Dorothea said annoyed.

That only made Jon angrier, like he would want to do that. “Fine.” He growled and left the room.

Melody and Dorothea followed him.
“Where are you going?” Dorothea asked confused by his leaving.
“Getting the kids.”
“Why? They’re sleeping.”
“My kids, my weekend, if I’m leaving they’re going with me.”

Jesse walked in from the living room.

“What the fuck is going on?” He asked.
“Watch your language.” Dorothea scolded. “Your dad is leaving; he’s getting Jake and Romeo.” She answered her oldest son as she looked up the stairs.



Jon returned with Romeo on his arm and holding Jake’s hand and a travel bag over his shoulder. “Get your stuff Jess, we’re leaving.”
“Where are we going?” He asked.
“Home.” Jon said.

Jesse ran to the living room and was back in a minute.

Jon was already outside and Melody walked out with Jesse to the car. Melody didn’t know what to think. She understood Jon didn’t want to see Ian but would it be that bad to spend the night in the same house? It was big enough, they could stay at the other end. There was even a guest house in the garden.

Jon held the door for Melody and closed it carefully.

Dorothea and Ian were already standing by the door. Watching what was going on.

“Use one of the guest rooms, not my room!” He told them and got in the car.



He started the car and backed out of the big drive way, to the path that lead to the road.
“I’m sorry.” He sighed when he drove on the road and the gates closed behind them.


2 comments:

jovikitn65 said...

Wow Jon sure is in a mood. From the way Jon is acting I would say he is jealous of Ian but I don't understand why? He says he loves Melody but his actions say otherwise. Melody doesn't deserve to be treated like that. It is time for Jon and Melody to have a serious heart to heart.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!!I understand Jon's position. I don't think it's jealousy. I think it's more annoyance. I hope he can communicate to Melody that it's more annoyance and not jealousy. And, I hope Melody comes clean about the pills and being late.

Post a Comment