Monday, October 24, 2011

Chapter 9


During lunch Lori started again, questioning Melody about her clothes, still not believing her.
“Lori, please, we didn’t do a thing.”
“Then tell me what you did do, cause you haven’t told me a thing.” Lori said a little bit annoyed by now that she still didn’t know a thing. Melody kept denying it but hadn’t told her anything else either.
“We ordered food and watched a movie.” Melody explained.
“More details Mel!” Lori insisted, she wanted to know every little detail.
“Ok,” Melody said reluctantly, “he picked me up from work and we walked to his house. Then we took the elevator up to the penthouse, got out and then I was overwhelmed by how nice it was. We talked, then he ordered lasagna and we watched a movie.” Melody explained a little bit annoyed now too. “Hows that?”
“Better.” Lori said, almost pleased. “What about after the movie?”
“Ugh Lori! Nothing! I told you I fell asleep. I was tired before and he offered to drive me home but I wanted to watch the movie and then I woke up this morning. Nothing happened.”
“Not even this morning?”
“No, had breakfast, I showered, alone and went to work.”
“Not even a kiss?” Lori asked surprised.
“Of course a kiss, and a good one.” She answered happily.
“Are you seeing him tonight then?” Lori wanted to know.
“No, he’s filming a movie and then he’s off to D.C. Then more filming and then concerts so I won’t see him till the 23rd when they’re doing a concert in New York.”
“You’re taking me with aren’t you?”
“Of course I am.” Melody said, she wouldn’t go to a Bon Jovi concert without her best friend. They’ve been going to concerts together since college years.

“Are you taking the next day off then? So you can have more time with him?” Lori asked.
“I honestly hadn’t thought of that yet. I should see if I can take that day off, you’re right.” Melody said excitedly and went to check the bulletin board with the schedules on. She looked around; she had to work both days, 23rd and 24th. There weren’t any options on switching shifts or days either. She knew who didn’t like to switch around and of course those days she’d be working with him, so she wouldn’t bother to ask. Melody noticed Lori was scheduled to work too, so she couldn't switch with her either. She went back to sit with Lori and explained to her. Lori agreed it would be useless to ask and agreed she’d at least have the second day with him. Lori remembered she had to work those days and told Melody to go alone then, they would go together in March anyway.



The rest of the day was the normal hectic routine like hotels have. Melody was glad when 5pm arrived and she could go home. She got her stuff from the staff room and said goodbye to Lori since she had to work later. She walked to her car, dropped her stuff in the trunk and started the drive home. The traffic was the same as every day and it took her about an hour to get home. When she drove up on the drive way her phone started ringing, she quickly checked for caller ID which read Jon and answered.
“Are you driving again?” He asked, skipping right to the point.
“No, I was just getting out of the car, I just got home. You shouldn’t say a thing; you don’t wear a seat belt.” She fought back.
“They’re annoying.” He answered. “I’m just at the train station so I thought I’d phone you, the train isn’t here yet anyway.”
“You’re going to D.C. now? I thought your meeting was tomorrow?” She asked while she got out of the car, got her bag and went into the house dropping her bag by the door, kicking off her shoes and settling down on the couch.
“It is, it’s at 9am, the train ride is about 3 hours and I don’t want to get up at 4.30. So I’m going now, getting a hotel and be there bright and early in the morning.” He explained to her.
“3 hours? I hope you brought a book or something. What are you going to do?” Melody asked him.
“Yeah, I got a book and work with me but I was hoping you’d like to talk because I don’t really want to read or work.”
“Of course I have time to talk; I was just going on Facebook to talk with my friends. So I’ll put you on speaker phone and then it’ll be just like you’re here.” She explained to him while reaching for her laptop, turning it on and putting her phone on speaker.
“Works for me. Are you on Facebook a lot?” He asked almost wondering she was one of those people that are on there 24/7.
“Not all the time, when the kids aren’t around I’m not on there at all but like now I’m alone, so I go online and I can talk to people.” She explained to the phone that was now lying above her keyboard. She logged in on Facebook and looked around for updates from people.
“I guess that’s ok then, that’s not too bad.” He agreed with her.
“I don’t think it is, I still think it’s a great way to keep up with people.” She noticed some group uploaded pictures from the film set today. “Like right now, now I know what you did today. That red shirt looked really good on you.” She said.
“Huh? How do you know? That’s kinda creepy.” He said a bit startled she knew what he wore this afternoon.
“Someone uploaded pictures from the movie set today. Looks like fun. Now I don’t have to comment on pictures, I can just tell you that you looked good.” She said happily.
“Thanks but that’s still kind of creepy.” He said, he noticed his train being announced and got up to walk to the right stop. “My train is here. I’ll phone you back when I find a seat, okay?” He asked her while he walked.
“Yeah, that’d be great. See you in a bit.”
They said goodbye quickly and hung up.

Melody looked at the pictures from the movie again, noticing little details about the set. She posted some comments and saved her favourite picture. She got up to put her stuff from work away and went to the bathroom. Grabbed a drink in the kitchen and some food before sitting back down on the couch and putting her laptop and phone back on her lap. She checked her messages and answered her sister her message, Melody arranged to see her on Saturday. She went back to her home page when her phone started ringing.

She answered him and they talked some more about their days. He told her how filming was. Not telling her details about the movie even though she kept asking him, just because he wasn’t allowed to. But he promised her to take her to the premier of the movie in December. She told him about Lori at work and about the rest of her day. After an hour he decided he needed a bathroom break and would phone her again in a few minutes.

Just like he said he phoned back in 5 minutes and they talked till his train arrived. It was almost 10.30 by now and after saying goodbye for the third time that night Melody went to her room. She took off her jeans and bra and went to bed in her panties and tshirt, leaving her cell phone on her night stand since he was letting her know when he arrived at his hotel. Only 15 minutes later she got a text that read
10.45pm: Got to the hotel, off to bed. Good night, sweet dreams. She answered him and wished him the same. She put her phone back, turned around and went to sleep.

The next day she worked at her brother’s cd store again. She hadn’t seen him since she went on her first date with Jon. She told him the whole story about the dates again. He was happy for her and for once didn’t complain she turned on a cd instead of radio station. She didn’t hear from Jon until 2 pm. He texted her after the meeting and told her he was back on his way home now. She answered him quickly and went back to work.

That night and the next day, he phoned her after she got home from work and they talked about their days and chit chatted. He explained her the preparations for the tour that started the next day. Melody told him she worked longer hours this week because the children weren’t around and she would probably be sleeping by the time his concerts were over. He promised to phone on Saturday during the day then before the concert and on Sunday.

The rest of the week passed as usually and it was Saturday morning faster than Melody had thought. She slept in and got up lazily to take a relaxing bath. She turned the water on, letting the tub fill and turned on some music before stepping in tub and sliding in the water. She let the warm water over take her and relaxed completely. After her bath Melody decided to have a quick lunch and went to the park for a walk. It was nice to feel the cool air and she enjoyed her walk even though it was cold, being the middle of February. She walked back home, made some warm chocolate milk and settled in front of the tv. There wasn’t really anything on tv but she didn’t mind, she had a calm day and didn’t even want to get up to put a dvd on. Around 1pm, Jon phoned her.
“Hey.” He said hoarsely.
“Hi, are you ok? You don’t sound so well.” She wondered
“No, I think I caught a cold.” He said, still sounding hoarse. “Not just me though, Richie sounds worse.” He explained to her.
“Aw, you should have some tea and go have a nap before you have to do your show.” She told him a bit concerned, hoping he didn’t feel too bad.
“Yeah, I got tea, I still gotta sing tonight, otherwise I’d be sounding even worse.”
“Then you should still have some rest.” She insisted.
He told her how the first few concerts went and she told him about her week. After talking for a while he agreed he should take a nap, agreeing it would make him feel better and might make his headache go away. They said goodbye and Jon crawled in his bed and slept till sound check. He texted Melody before he left for sound check telling her she was right and he did feel a bit better now. 

Chapter 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment