Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chapter 62

She lay across his chest looking down over his belly, the cotton of his shirt barely warming her, his dick limp against his thigh, jeans around his knees, still barefoot. It was still windy and she felt the cold wind fly over her bare back. The shirt she was wearing was still lying next to her on the ground.

He lifted his hips, pulling up his jeans, tucking himself back in. He pulled her up and sat against the wall again. He gave her t-shirt back. It was sunny outside but the wind did make it cold, the weather was getting nicer but wasn’t quite there yet.

Melody pulled her sweats up as she sat up and took the t-shirt back from him. She was still resting against his chest when he put his arms around her again. He didn’t want to ruin the moment but the kids would be out of school soon.
“Thanks Jon.” Melody said. “It really helped.” The yelling had helped her. She did feel better now and realized it wasn’t her fault at all.
“I love you Melody. I couldn’t see you like that. I hope you never feel like that again.” He said honestly, he didn’t want to see her sad, he liked her smiling and laughing, that pretty smile.
“I love you too Jon. I guess I have to process this all again now.”
“Take your time, I’m here for you.” He said, pulling her a bit closer. “I’m supposed to pick everyone up from school.” He hated ruining the moment they were having.
“Let’s go then.” Melody said, she wanted to put the earlier breakdown behind her and go on with her day.



Melody changed into more decent clothes and they were on the road to the schools. As usual he opened the door for her and waited for her to sit down to slam the door shut.
“Are you really sure you want to meet my parents tomorrow?” He asked it bit worried, he hadn’t exactly told them that he was dating again. Well it was more than just dating.
“Of course, why not? I’ll meet them eventually anyway and now there’s the opportunity.” She shrugged, she thought of it that way.
“It’s not too soon?”
“No,” she shook her head, “it’s not like they’re mean people or anything, are they?”
“No they’re not.” He laughed, his parents were nice people, just like him, or at least he thought he was.

It was a short drive to the high school and only a few minutes later Jon pulled up in the parking lot, waiting for Stephanie and Jesse. He had learned to not get out of the car; it wasn’t cool to have their dad waiting by the gate, so he stayed in the car. He turned off the engine.
“So what about the weekend and next week? What are we doing?” She asked him.
“You can stay till Sunday night, until your kids come home. Next week, I don’t know, that’s up to you.”
“Don’t you have work to do too?” She wondered, he hadn’t seemed busy at all this week. “Tuesday is Faith’s birthday, like I said my family is coming over and you could too if you want to.” She said looking over at him to see his reaction.
“Yeah that’d be great. I do have some work next week but I can squeeze it into one or two days.” He explained to her, squeezing his thumb and index finger together.

Their conversation was disturbed when the back doors opened and Stephanie and Jesse got in the car.
“Hey dad.” Jesse said as he got in first. “Oh hey Melody.” He scooted over to the back.
Jon swore to never buy a mini van and he was glad cars lately had up to 7 seats, so all his kids would fit in the back.
“Melody,” Stephanie said, “are you making dinner tonight too? I’d love to help you out.”
Melody smiled, she hadn’t thought of that yet. “Yeah, good idea. What about Friday night, pizza night then?” She asked her.
“Can we make our own?”
“Yeah, that works.” Melody said, getting an idea, she could involve all of them with.



At the lower school, Jon was still allowed to get out of the car and wait by the gate, which he loved to do and asked Melody to come with him.
He showed her the way to the gate and introduced her to some people he usually talked to while waiting for his boys. The bell rung and soon all the kids were leaving the building. He could soon see a blond headed boy running towards him.
Romeo bumped right into him with a big hug. “I missed you.”
Jon found his balance and hugged him back. “I missed you too kid.”
Melody loved the sight of them; he loved his kids very much. She looked back over the playground and noticed another blond headed boy.
“Hey dad.” Jake said when he walked by the gate and gave his dad a hug.
Romeo had already moved on and had given Melody a hug too.
Jon hugged him back and greeted him too. Jake was growing up way too fast he though, he didn’t get excited hugs after school like Romeo did anymore.



A little while after they got home Melody and Stephanie left together to the store to buy ingredients they needed for the pizzas. There was a store close by; they got the dough, sauce, vegetables and meat.

On the way back to the house they started talking about something else than school, which Stephanie told Melody everything about.
“At least you let me cook.” She said with a smile.
“I didn’t know you like to cook.”
“I love to but mum never lets me, she always wants to do it herself so it doesn’t go wrong.” Stephanie explained.
“Then you’ll love tonight.” Melody smiled back at her.
“It will be fun.”
“Yeah it will be.” Melody hadn’t cooked with a bunch of people in a while and it did seem like a lot of fun to do it again.
“Melody, do you really love my dad?” Stephanie started a difficult subject.
Melody took a second and looked at her. “I love him very much.” She said, very, very much, more than she had ever done before.
“So you’ll be around?” Stephanie asked her.
“Yeah.” Melody said. She was getting a little worried Stephanie might not like her.
“That’s good, he loves you and I like you too.” She said when she pulled the door to the building open. “I think Hawaii will be great. I just wish…”
“You wish what?” Melody asked her.
Stephanie hesitated to answer but did it anyway. “I just wish you had an older daughter so I wouldn’t have to be around boys all the time.”
Melody laughed. “Don’t worry, we’ll get along great and you might love being a big sister to a little sister. I always loved it, my sister is 10 years younger than me.”
“Yeah, maybe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment