Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chapter 28

“So did you like it?” Melody asked.
“Of course I liked it. It was a Bon Jovi concert after all.” Lori answered her.
“Yeah, but being backstage? The guys?”
“Oh you mean that. You can’t believe how nervous I was when we got there.” Lori started but Melody interrupted her.
“You’re always nervous.” She pointed out.
“Right, I am but I didn’t expect them all to be that nice, especially Richie. I knew he was fun but… he’s fun.” Lori said
“He really is fun like that and really nice. He comforted me last week when I told him about how I was screwing everything up.” Melody told her.
“He really is nice but next time I should tell him I’m married.” Lori said, thinking about his flirting.
Melody agreed, Richie had been single for a while now so he was probably looking around while Lori had already been married right after she graduated from college, which was almost 23 years ago now.

The remainder of the car ride they talked about the previous night. About the concert about how they both thought Just Older was a perfect opening song. Lori was convinced too that Jon sang In These Arms to Melody. They talked about being backstage, how fun it had been to meet everyone and Jon’s birthday party even how good the cake was until Lori remembered Melody’s plans for last night. Lori was a shy person but never thought twice before saying anything.

“Oh my God! I completely forgot, did you…?” Lori asked a bit too loud.
“I’m not sure the people in that car that just drove by heard you.” Melody said a bit angry. “Besides, Jimmy can hear us.”
“At least I didn’t say sex.” Lori said.
“Now you did! And I really don’t think Jimmy wants to hear about his boss like this.” Melody said still a bit angry, more annoyed. She’d tell Lori but she didn’t want Jimmy to overhear them.
“I really don’t but I can turn up the radio so I can’t hear you.” Jimmy said as he did.
“Well then, did you have sex?” Lori asked Melody whispering as she leaned over closer to her, making sure Melody would still hear her over the music without yelling.
“Yes, first I took your advice of a blowjob and after that, 3 times.” Melody whispered back happily.
“3 times after a blowjob?! “Lori said surprised, hardly believing it. “Wow, I’d be happy if Shawn cuddles me after that.” Lori said.
“We spread out the last 2 times.” Melody explained to her. Melody remembered the slow passionate sex in the middle of the night and the shower sex. She hadn’t had sex in a shower for years and now remembered how fun it was.
“I hope you remembered to use protection.” Lori said.
“We’re not 17.” Melody said.
“Exactly the reason to use protection.” Lori continued.
“We did, and I use the pill anyway.”
“You know those aren’t effective every time and you don’t know with who he’d done it before.” Lori kept going on.
“I don’t want to discuss the previous sex life of my brand new boyfriend!” Melody said, annoyed again.
“I thought you weren’t 17?” Lori said laughing about how she had called Jon. Melody realized it and started laughing too.

With the hysterical laughter going on in the back seat, they wondered what Jimmy must be thinking about them right now, which made them laugh even harder.

By the time they were done talking and acting like they were in high school again Jimmy asked if he could turn down the radio so he could listen to the GPS system’s instructions to get to Melody’s house.



Jon and Richie sat at one of the tables by the window on the plane. Everyone else was sitting at the other tables; they already ran away from Jon who kept complaining about the Boston show, the sound system failing. He really hated it when something like that happened. It made him think how it would ruin their fans nights if it hadn’t started working again. Jon made sure he would let Tony check the sound systems twice so nothing like in Boston would happen again.

They were left by themselves discussing how the last two concerts had gone and what they should change. Jon wrote down the songs he especially wanted on the list for Saturday.
“Ok, enough about work.” Richie finally said as he was obviously getting bored talking about the shows. “What about Melody?”
“She’s great.” Jon said with a smile, lost for more words.
“Just great?” Richie asked him, looking him in the eyes.
“No man, I love her.” Jon said honestly.
“You love her? You’ve only known her for a month.” Richie said.
“37 days.” Jon pointed out to him. “But yes, I do.”
“Shit man, you’re counting in days? You like her that much you’re counting days, what about hours?” He asked jokingly.
Jon gave him a look.
“Ok then, sorry. What makes her more special than the other girls you were dating?” Richie asked.
“I dunno, just everything.” Jon said, grabbing his travel mug of coffee off the foldable table and taking a drink.
“Then tell me everything.” Richie insisted, urging Jon to tell him, he was his brother after all. He wanted to be happy for him but not if he had fallen in love head over heels to a girl he’d only known for a month.
Jon took a deep breath before he started, knowing it would be a long list to sum up to him. “She’s sweet, caring and beautiful. She listens to me, even when I’m complaining about things she has no idea about instead of changing the subject. When I had that cold a few weeks ago, she cared more about me taking a nap than talking on the phone while we already can’t talk that much when I’m doing shows.” Jon explained and Richie patiently waited to hear the rest. “And last week she was so worried we couldn’t have sex because she had her period and when she wanted to give me a blowjob, I just couldn’t let her, fuck, I really couldn’t do it. Which I would have let all those other girls I dated the last two years do. I wanted more than just that.” Jon paused again, looking outside the window over the clouds.
Richie knew he was still thinking and waited for the rest that would come.
“Then, last night, she had planned for me what I had planned for her and it was just so… amazing and perfect and… you know?” He said as he looked back over to Richie questioning if he understood.
“Yeah, yeah, I know. I’m happy you feel about her that way.” Richie said understanding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jon's happy, Richie's happy for him, and I'm happy to be reading this story. Really good chapter Pirate. :)

Post a Comment